Monday, December 22, 2008

New Orleans Keosha Chance

My trip to New Orleans was fun. I learned a lot of things i never knew,before and about how the levees broke and what happened when the Hurricane occurred. I was happy when i arrive at New Orleans ,because I think its just like were i came from which is Guyana, a country where the government does not care about his people and what happens but i never had a Hurricane in my Country before . I learned alto of things about the people there and what they went thought and now i know not to take life for granted and help as many i can even if its not in your Community it can be in a different Country or State . While in N.O i worked with some amazing kids, i never knew their were people like them in New.Orleans. They have a teacher who's name is Nat Turner who is so amazing he gave up his whole life to come to N.O to help others who are in need, and living on 20 to 30 dollars a month i think it is something so wonderful. I would not be able to do that. In social Justice class we worked on Gentrification and below i will show some images of displacement , new development and Gentrification in New York City. My Brooklyn Below







































No comments:

Post a Comment